Tuesday 12 July 2016

Highlighters!

So glowing is the in thing at the moment, and I have to say I'm loving it!
I have officially turned into one of those people who puts on so much highlighter you can see my cheek bones across the room. I'm not going to apologise for it because I love it!
Over the past few months/ weeks I've been playing with some highlighters so heres a little review of the ones I'm using.


Now most of you have probably see this before, and if not its the Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit in  That Glow. 
I love this kit and as you can see from the photos you can pop the pans out and put them in a magnetic palette. I love the sleek packaging so I won't be doing that, but its a great idea.
The only color I dont really use is golden bronze, and thats because I'm waiting till the sun comes out a bit more. Now they have two other kits which I will at some point get my hands on, but for now this baby is enough.




Mac Mineralize skinfinish in Otherearthly.
Now this was a complete impulse buy and i'm loving it.
Now I haven't mixed all three shades together because I can't bring myself to ruin the pattern, yes I'm that sad xD
The middle pink color is the one I'm drawn to the most, you cant tell from the photos but it has a nice iridescence to it. 
Its a nice product to layer though, so put the brown on, then the pink and then just a slight bit on the silver on the top =]



Now I couldn't wait to get my hands on one of these. 
I wanted Mint Condition as well as King Tut, but I couldnt afford both, and the retailer I was going to buy King Tut from has 75% of their shipment turn up completely smashed, so it was just Mint Condition for me.
Now when I first got it I was so shocked at how big it was, Its huge which is always a big plus.
Then I started to have a little play with it, and to be honest, i'm not sure about it.
For the lack on a better explanation, its quite a grainy product. Not in a bad way, but its just not as smooth compared to the other highlighters that I've used. Its nice a pigmented and glides on quite nicely. If used sparingly enough I could get away with it for work which is always a plus. Now would I buy another one of these highlighters? I would have to physically see it and touch it before committing. 






Mac Mineralize Skinfinish in Lightscapade.
This is my daily go to highlighter. Whether I'm popping it on my cheekbones or under my brown or cupids bow I absolutely love it.  Its lovely and build-able so if you want a nice subtle glow or if you want to glow like the gods this product is great. This little baby was an upsell when I went to the Mac store in Exeter. I went in for lipstick and she "just wanted to see what it looked like on my skin tone" popped it on and I was sold instantly. 





Now here are a couple of posy selfies which some glow ;)
 

 



Who doesn't love a shameless selfie?
xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment