Monday 8 August 2016

Products I'm not happy with.


I very rarely find products I don't like, but it does happen every now and again. So here are a couple of product I'm not happy with.





First we have Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick in Rich Blood
This was the first try of this product just after opening it.
To be honest it looked used and the product was all lumpy. I did such a large swatch to try and break up that big lump, but I failed. Now I did email the customer service team, and the reply I got was 
" I'd recommend giving it a thorough shake and a mix with the applicator!"
Which I wasn't very happy with. I know others with the same lipstick who's consistency was completely different and theirs actually looked new when they received it. I emailed back saying as much and didnt get a reply.
I still tried it out and wore it for a day. It bled, unlike the other liquid lipsticks and smudged. I'm really not happy with the customer services so I'm not going to be buying anything else from Jeffree Star. I cant stand bad customer service so I don't want to give this company any more of my money.



Now these next two are from Too faced cosmetics and I'm going to talk about them together because I have the same issues with both.
Now these are the Melted Liquifeid Metallic Lipsticks in Chocolate Candy bar, and the Metal in Debutante.
Both of these smell lovely, as I tend to find all of their products do which is a big selling point for me.
I so wanted to like these lipsticks after how long I waited for them to ship.
Now down to what I dont like about them. They are super sheer. To be able to get a decent color payoff you have to have it quite thick, and when you look at the swatches on the website they do seem to be very pigmented. Now I have tried both of these on all day, once thick for the color payoff, and once thin.
On both applications they are super sticky, and when you put your lips together the top lips sticks to the bottom and it becomes patchy and for the lack of a better work, blobby. It also cracks and doesn't dry which means I have to keep reapplying throughout the day.
I have found you can get a way better product for cheaper. I won't throw them away, but they are the type of thing I will put in my fancy dress makeup case as something that I dont mind getting messy.



No comments:

Post a Comment